Monday, January 10, 2011

Another year goes by

Wow, one post in an entire year. I am *so* not a blogger.

I have a couple of nieces that have made lists of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I have been toying with that idea but don't think I have the time to do the things on the list... but I suppose that is the point of the list, giving you a goal and forcing you to make time for it. Who knows if I'll do it or not. I might make a list of 52 things to accomplish in 2011, giving myself one goal per week. If that's the case, I'm already a week behind! Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short....

I didn't manage to make time for a garden at all this past year, but did work on flower beds a bit. That is one thing I'd put on my list, keep working on making flower (perennial) beds and have a garden in 2011. The small flower bed I've worked on looks nice most of the growing season.

Nancy

ps. Happiness list: 1. I am happy I have great dogs that I love and love me 2. I'm thankful for the loving family I belong to 3. I'm thankful I have a job/jobs, even if they do occupy most of my waking hours. 4. I have great neighbors who help me by cleaning my walks when there is a lot of snow.

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to share your entire list?
    Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your list. The first on my list would be: Make time to make a list... sigh.

    Maybe a goal to just blog about simple accomplishments (goals or otherwise) once a week would be a good place for you (or me) to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you are part of our family. How nice that your neighbors clean your sidewalks. Very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappy, I agree, having a goal of just making time to blog or to even make a list is probably a good starting point!

    I was thinking about making a goal of taking at least one picture a week, but with all the excellent photographers in my family I think I'd probably be embarrassed to show anyone what my pictures looked like (of course no one said I'd have to do that, the pictures would be for me to scrapbook some day.)

    I'd like to try to grow some of my own wave petunias, and build another grow box, and get at least one part of my parking strip planted in perennials. But I'm not sure 1001 days will be enough!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete