Monday, April 18, 2011

Plant Propagation

Oh, I forgot to write in my last post about my plants from the plant propagation workshop. Some of them have grown happily, while others have not appeared at all. I have one very healthy Milk Vetch, several grasses, some Bee Balm, some echinacia, and a couple of penstemons. I have also sewn into some seedling starting trays a bunch of wave Petunias, we will see how many of those survive. There are also a few oxalis and a row of African daisies, some Nasturtiums, and some black-eyed Susan vines.

I also gathered some more red twig dogwood from near the Logan River and have set them in a pot of dirt to see if I can get them to root. I have several small 2- or 3-inch cuttings that are rooting that I got during the propagation workshop, but I wanted to see if I could get some bigger branches to root to have bigger plants for my sister to start with (for shoring up the bank of the creek that runs by her new house.) We will see how the cuttings are doing in about a month, root-wise. The are already starting to show new leaves.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment