I just added a "my favorite places" gadget to my blog. The first link I put on it is the Pete's Pond link for the WildCam Africa for National Geographic. You can read about Pete's Pond at the site. It is a great place to go and see wonderful wildlife, pretty much 24 hours a day. I watched it a lot when I was preparing for my ASL final project. I thought about capturing some video and showing it during my presentation but ran out of energy/time to edit and prepare the video. You can see some adorable baby elephants playing in the water if you google Pete's Pond baby elephants.
If you visit Pete's Pond cam often enough at different times of the day, there is an unending array of wildlife to see. Lots of cheap and relatively pg (it is nature, after all) entertainment. There is a juvenile nile crocodile named Fatty that lives at Pete's Pond that takes endless delight in terrorizing anyone(animal) that he can, especially the elephants and warthogs. He's pretty funny to watch in action.
Normally the camera is unobtrusive, but if it is windy it seems to have a bad click/clack to it's movement. And the water in the pond seems lower, they're going into their dry season. http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/wildcamafrica/
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment